Friday, July 11, 2008

Quiet Days...

Wednesday was another lovely day for Fred and I to stay home together. These days are quickly becoming some of my favorite, I love being able to spend the quality time with my son, and I know all too quickly I'll be back at work, and these days will be a distant memory. Boo. Anyway, Wednesday evening Grammy (my mom) and Phillip came to hang out with Fred while Joseph and I went to softball practice.
Photobucket
Grammy and Fred
Photobucket
Grammy, Fred, and Uncle Phillip
Thursday we went to lunch with some good friends at Mi Casa. Our Thursday lunches are one of our favorite splurges this summer. We can't wait for the Hardins to come home and go back to lunch with us!
Photobucket
Fred with Kathy and Bill

After lunch we went and visited Christy and Glinda at Gordon & Gordon.
Photobucket
Fred, Grammy, Christy and Glinda

Thursday evening was very strange. Because Fred hadn't taken a long nap during the day, he fell asleep at six thirty. He didn't wake up until midnight, then went right back to sleep until three. At about six he was awake for the day. Odd, odd, odd. Right when I think I've figured out and worked our way into a sleep pattern Fred manages to throw a curveball. I've read that this is normal. :-)

Today has been a day with Joseph around the house and running a couple of errands. Fred has spent some fun time on his floor gym today, read three books, and listened to a number of Baby Einstein songs.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

These days are so enjoyable, and I am trying to appreciate every single second. I am overtaken sometimes by how fast Fred is growing, and how quickly this time with him is speeding by. I realize I am so much more fortunate than others who do not get this time off with thier children, but I can't help but be so greedy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the "pirate" picture on Joey's desk at work. I didn't remember it being in the blog, but now I've found it. It really does look like he's say "arrgh". He would be the cutest pirate no matter what he says or does.