Monday, July 14, 2008

Fun, fun, and a new skill

Today Fred removed all doubt about his skill of grasping. We spent about an hour practicing the new skill. For the last few days Fred has been waving his fists in the air in front of his face, and today he would bounce the fist off of my finger, then open his fist, bounce that off my finger a couple of times, then grab. Then he would do it with the orange monkey on his floor gym. It's all very exciting! I'm so excited when I get to watch Fred get a new skill!

Last weekend Fred spent Saturday with his dad for a few hours while I went to Fred's grandpa's softball game. It was the first game of the season that Fred missed... it was very odd without him being there. From what I understand, he had a fun time with his dad. :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the softball game we went to Raphael's with Fred's Grammy, Grandpa, and Uncle Phillip. Fred ended up falling asleep for the evening on his uncle.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sunday Fred got to spend the majority of the day with his Grandma while the rest of us went and tried out for Family Feud (a whole different blog that has nothing to do with Baby Fred).

Today was a Fred and Mama day. We read books, worked on grasping, and I got to hear a beginning of an awake laugh. Fred's mood is so positive in the mornings, and it just makes me laugh. We spent a lot of time on the floor today, but he wasn't interested in much tummy time. He has lost interest in "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" for the time being. That makes me sad because that was the first book that he really seemed to pay any attention to.

I swear, being a first time mom is an obsessive job. I enjoy every little bit of it, and I realize that it overtakes pretty much my entire existence. I imagine all first time moms are this obsessed with their babies, right? I sure hope so...
Photobucket
Aren't baby boy footy pajamas the cutest?
Sigh.

2 comments:

Shawna Nicholson said...

Hey Dee!!! Baby Fred is adorable! Aren't boys so much fun!!!

Erica said...

Hello long lost friend! Chels told me about y'all's fun lunch! I would love to see you sometime...your baby boy is adorable! It will be fun to keep up with y'all through your blog!