Thursday, July 24, 2008

A laugh, some time with Great Uncle Bill, and an exciting lunch with friends...

Tuesday was the most adorable day in my history. Fred and I started our day early and said good-bye to Fred's dad. After some time playing and a nap, I realized that my baby needed a bath.
This particular day I decided that Fred needed to sit in his tub, not lay on the newborn place. This is probably the only thing that he's graduated to that I didn't feel sad about. I sat him in the lukewarm water, and was rewarded with a big open mouthed grin...
Then a giggle.
I laughed and he jumped. We looked at eachother again, and again Fred gave me a big mouth grin and another giggle. I felt like falling over! I grabbed a camera and there he sat with a big serious look on his face.
Boo.
After we got the bath we played for a while then headed over to Fred's Grammy's house. It's always a good time with Fred when he gets to spend time with his Grammy and Uncle Phillip.
After a while Fred and I headed down the street to visit with Christy, Mr. Gordon, and Glinda. They were having an office pool party, and it was a good time. I think Fred was disappointed that I wouldn't let him go swimming though... :-(

Wednesday was a great day with something new. Fred and I went to visit with Fred's Great Uncle Bill. He had a wonderful time with Uncle Bill, playing with the puppies...
Photobucket

Watching t.v....
Photobucket

napping...
Photobucket

and looking at the awesome fish (the big one is Mufasa).
Photobucket

After visiting with Uncle Bill, Fred went home and spent some time with his grandma while his parents went to softball practice. Fred was very excited to see his grandma.
Photobucket

Today, Thursday, was a good time. We got up early and got to Grammy's house to take her to the dentist. Fred wasn't very entertained in the waiting room, he ate a bottle, cried a little bit, then went to sleep. Then we headed to Roma's for our weekly lunch with good friends. Chelsi and Carter and Sara and Claire all joined the group today, so it was very good. Fred enjoyed a bottle, some crying, a nap, and some time visiting with his little friends.
Photobucket
Fred and Carter

Photobucket
Sara and Claire with Fred and Fred's Mommy

Photobucket
Fred, Lauren, Claire

Photobucket
Fred and his future mother-in-law

Photobucket
The happiest boy I know

Photobucket
Fred, Fred's future sister-in-law(Madison), and Fred's future wife (Lauren)

Afterwards we had a very enjoyable game session and dinner with Fred's future inlaws.
Now Fred is sleeping soundly in his bed and I'm blogging furiously away. He giggled awake for the second time today at The Hardins' house, and his dad was there to see and hear. It was wonderful. :-) Fred's giggle is so sweet and it fills my heart. What a cliche sounding statement, but it's true. It is almost like when I first heard him cry in the hospital. I remember that sound and the way that his cry made me feel. I was so shocked, it was so small, so beautiful. The first time he smiled it made me warm and so happy! I still feel that way when he smiles at me.

Oh, and speaking of Fred's Dad...

Photobucket

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

We had fun! Thanks for inviting us!!

Anonymous said...

Lunch was a great time! We enjoyed it and Lauren thanks Fred again for the pacifier trick. :) Oh, that is an awesome picture of Fred's dad.